Stylish, sunny and airy apartment, freshly renovated (2012), located at the second floor of a 19th century building, placed in an old and narrow street, right in the heart of the Unesco World Heritage, the most interesting area of the city which is currently "the best destination in Europe", awarded by the European Consumers Choice.
The beautiful Clérigos Tower, the ex-libris of the city, and the stunning Livraria Lello (considered Unesco World Patrimony and one of the three most beautiful bookshops in the World) are only 200 meters away, and to reach the Douro River and famous Ribeira you’ll only take 5 minutes on foot.
Right in the street behind the apartment, you can reach the Garden and Walk of Virtudes, a splendid green location, offering fantastic views over Douro River.
The quarter of Cândido dos Reis and Galeria de Paris streets, with its trendy and design bookshops, shops, cafés and restaurants, where you can enjoy the best of night life in Porto downtown, is only 200 meters away, and the Miguel Bombarda street, Porto’s cultural/artistic quarter, with dozens of art galleries and alternative shops, is also very close on foot.
There’s a café in the building and a bakery/café/restaurant next door. Nearby, there are lots of shops and boutiques, including exquisite old grocery shops.
The studio is fully furnished and it does have all the amenities:
- bedroom area with king size bed (160 X 200), comfy visco-elastic mattress;
- travel bed for babies up to 4 years;
- bathroom with shower, hairdryer and towels;
- well-equipped open plan kitchen, with oven, hob, microwave, refrigerator, electric kettle, toaster, coffee machine, and all cooking utensils, plates, glasses, cutlery;
- dining area for 4 people;
- living room with king size sofa bed ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)” LCD TV, DVD player, DVD's, games, books (including an Oporto Travel Guide) and CD's for your enjoyment;
- Cable TV with 100 channels;
- 7" Android Tablet for using during the stay, absolutly free;
- bed linen provided;
- ironing board and iron;
- heater and fan;
- portable hand-held digital luggage scale for weighing your suitcase;
- free internet wi-fi;
- port wine, coffee and tea offer.
Porto is perfect for exploring on foot. In around 10/15 minutes walking distance you’ll reach:
- S. Bento train station;
- Aliados avenue and Café Guarany;
- Bolhão market, Santa Catarina Street (shopping) and Majestic café;
- Sé Catedral and several other churches, like Carmo Church, Church of São Francisco, Santo Ildefonso church, etc.;
- Port Wine Cellars;
- Gardens of Palácio de Cristal.
By public transport (Trindade metro station, connected with the airport - 10 minutes walking; S. Bento train and metro station - 5 minutes walking; urban buses, touristic buses and Porto Tram City Tour - 50 meters away from the studio), you can find:
- Casa da Música (Concert hall);
- Serralves Museum (modern art museum);
- City Park and Foz do Douro.
We’re sure your senses will be overwhelmed by the many sights, sounds, tastes and smells of this unique ancient city!
We are waiting for you, with the finest Portuguese hospitality tradition!
- Cot available
- Bed linen
- Cable TV
- Hair dryer