AWARD-WINNING 16th century CONVENT, DESIGN, CENTRAL
Apartment, Entire place - Lisboa, Portugal
EXPERIENCE LIVING IN A CONVENT FOUNDED BY KING PHILIP IV OF SPAIN AND INHABITED BY THE ENGLISH CATHOLIC ARISTOCRACY AND JESUITS WITH STRONG CONNECTIONS TO THE PORTUGUESE ROYAL FAMILY.
• Considered as a landmark in Lisbon’s quality urban rehabilitation, the convent was renovated in 2012 by very famous architects that were able to create modern apartments while preserving the original stone staircases and tile panels that you can see (and experience) inside.
• The convent is magnificently located on the top of one of Lisbon hills, between Bairro Alto and Príncipe Real, and is highlighted for its location, religious architecture, the beauty of its tiles, stairwell, gardens and Church.
• Sleeps up to 6 (+ 1 baby).
SPACE, LIGHT, MODERNITY, CHARM, HISTORY - ALL IN THE HEART OF ONE OF THE MOST TYPICAL AND TRENDY LISBON NEIGHBORHOODS.
• The apartment has a very good solar exposition and access to beautiful private gardens (3000m2) with an incredible view over Lisbon and Tagus River.
• Breakfast and tea at the olive tree’s terrace, or simply relaxing at the belvedere while overlooking Lisbon will be unforgettable experiences!
• Duplex with 150 square meters (1600 sq. ft.)
• Central heating
• Garage for 2 cars (free of charge)
• 24-hour security
It is provided with:
• Wi-Fi internet (free of charge)
• TV LED HD (70 channels, including several English speaking), 2xHDMI, 1xUSB, Media Player (which gives you easy access to your music, videos, pictures, and programs)
• Wii console (with games and accessories)
• Baby bed, high chair, toys box and other child facilities can be provided on request with no additional charge.
• Also, you will find in the apartment a number of facilities to complete your experience in Lisbon.
The apartment zones:
• Suite with a double bed and orthopedic mattress.
• A sitting room area with a triple sofa bed, TV set & console player.
• Antechamber with a sofa bed.
• The sitting room entrance has an original arched ceiling, and the antechamber is walled and located above the suite.
• The meal area, in front of the olive tree’s garden, is especially enjoyable on a late breakfast in sunny days, and has a table and trendy chairs.
• The kitchen is equipped with a dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave-grill, ceramics hob, washing machine and tumble dryer (all by Miele). Stylish domestic appliances. In the drawers and cabinets you will find everything that you might need for your stay, pretty, tidy and extremely clean!
• The 2 bathrooms are equipped with the usual sink, toilet and bidet, shower and bath.
• Tranquility and comfort are guaranteed. And so is the experience of living in an historical building in the center of Lisbon!
Attention: Check-in after 20h has an additional cost of 25EUR.
• The apartments’ central location and the proximity of many of Lisbon's interest points will allow you to visit the main old town attractions without the need to take a taxi, bus or subway. And walking is guaranteed to be the best way to discover the beauty of this city with almost 3000 years of history.
• Bairro Alto/Príncipe Real (3 min walking distance) is one of the landmarks of the capital, usually chosen by journalists, writers, models and actors. It is a place where you can find taverns, art galleries, Lisbon’s best shops and ateliers, in an exquisite association of modern stores and old boutiques. Nowadays it is one of the most desirable places to live or open a business. You can also experience Portuguese gastronomy and have a feel of the nightlife in some of the most famous Lisbon’s bars and small clubs.
• The famous Praça de Camões and the Chiado area are less than 10 mins way (by walking), and a couple more minutes takes you to Rossio and Baixa. This area is also served by the famous tramway 28 that takes you directly to Alfama and the castle while giving you an inexpensive sightseeing tour of Lisbon's hills.
• A 10 minute walk takes you to the Gloria Lift, a national monument that runs between Praça dos Restauradores and Bairro Alto.
• At Chiado, Baixa, Rossio and Cais do Sodré you have access to diverse public transportation (bus, train, tram and subway) that can take you directly to any point within the greater Lisbon area (including Belém, Sintra, Cascais or the International Airport). Lisbon’s beaches are approximately 30 minutes away by train!
- Free parking
- Washing machine
- Cot available
|Contact the owner, please.||$42.53|
late check in- after 6pm
|10.0 % of total|
Availability calendar and prices
- Cleanliness 5.0
- Facilities 5.0
- Location 4.0
- Value for money 4.0
- Accuracy of description 5.0
Mareile 5.0 04/24/2014
Good central location with walking access to many sights. Tram 28 just around the corner. Quiet and safe Apartment with historical flair. Perfect for a City stay.
matthias 5.0 07/02/2013
Die Mischung aus den bewahrten und wunderbar wiederhergestellten Strukturen der historischen Konventsarchitektur des 17. Jh und der modernen, wunderbaren Ausstattung der Wohnung zurückgezogen und ruhig wie auf einer Insel mitten i brodelnden Leben des Bairo Alto.
Sylvie 5.0 05/28/2016
Très sympathique et répondant très vite (nous n'arrivions pas à faire marcher la douche : système un peu complexe, demander démonstration en arrivant)
Mareile 5.0 04/24/2014
Very friendly and extremely supportive getting to the Apartment. Thanks.
matthias 5.0 07/02/2013
Die grosse Freundlichkeit und Höflichkeit, die Hilfsbereitschaft, ihre Organisiertheit, die uns sehr hilfreich war.