Marvel at The African-American History Book collection in this historically landmark neighborhood of Hamilton Heights that housed African American giants like W.E.B. Du Bois, Duke Ellington, Adam Clayton Powell and many more;
- Beautifully furnished studio apartment for your comfort.
- Your own private place- Bright, spacious, very clean and safe,
- QUEEN size Bed and additional for more guests
- Flat-screen TV for your enjoyment and relaxation.
- Refrigerator for your drinks
- WIFI access
- Private Bathroom
- Private Entrance
- Private Kitchenette
- Very quiet neighborhood
- Linens, Towels, Accessories (as shown in the photos; may differ)
- Very quiet and safe neighborhood
- A, B, C, D trains at 145/147th Street (A and D express are TWO stops from 59th/Columbus Circle)
- Two blocks from 1 train on Broadway and 145th
- BX 19 Bus runs vertically 24/7 to the Numbers 2 and 3 trains into the Bronx, Manhattan (west side) and Brooklyn; and to the Numbers 4 and 5 trains into the Bronx, Manhattan (East side), and Brooklyn.
- 5-7 min walk to City College, Pathmark, Duane Reade, Rite Aid, Starbucks, Several Banks( Chase, Bank of America, Capital One etc), Pet-care shop, various Restaurants, Lounges, New York Sports Club, ZipCar Location, all in close proximity.
The apartment is located between Convent and St. Nicholas Avenues on 147nd Street in historic Sugar Hill area of Hamilton Heights.
The neighborhood is safe and offers several parks, including the Jackie Robinson Park, one avenue East of the apartment; and the recently built Riverbank State Park, embedded in Riverside Park which runs along the Hudson River the length of Hamilton Heights, and is 3 blocks West of the apartment.
The community derives its name from U.S. Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, who lived the last two years of his life in the area when it was still largely farmland; specifically, he lived in what is now known as Hamilton Grange National Monument on 141st street, between St Nicholas and Convent Avenue.
Historic Hamilton Heights comprises of
- The Hamilton Heights Historic District, which is a national historic district in Hamilton Heights, New York, New York that consists of 192 contributing residential rowhouses, apartment buildings, and churches built between about 1886 and 1931. Most are three and four story brick rowhouses set behind raised stone terraces. The three churches within the district are St. Luke's, the Convent Avenue Baptist Church, and St. James Presbyterian Church. Architectural styles include Queen Anne, Romanesque, and Beaux-Arts
- Sugar Hill Historic District Extension, is a neighborhood in the northern part of Hamilton Heights, which itself is a sub-neighborhood of Harlem. The neighborhood is defined by 155th Street to the north, 145th Street to the south, Edgecombe Avenue to the east, and Amsterdam Avenue to the west. The name originated in the 1920s, when the area became a popular place to live for wealthy African Americans.
Named to identify the "sweet life" in Harlem, it was a popular residential area of rowhouses for wealthy African Americans during the Harlem Renaissance, including W. E. B. Du Bois, Thurgood Marshall, Adam Clayton Powell Jr., and Duke Ellington. Langston Hughes wrote about its relative affluence in relation to Harlem in his essay "Down and Under in Harlem" published in The New Republic in 1944.
Sugar Hill/Hamilton Heights are both designated as Landmarks by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission and The National Register of Historic Places. One of the highest hills in Hamilton Heights slopes up from the Hudson River at 155th Street, and contains the Trinity Church Cemetery. Many individual buildings in the district are also landmarked, including Shepard Hall on the CCNY campus, and the building that once housed The High School of Music & Art.
The Historically Famous St Nicholas Pub is only 2 blocks North of 147th Street on 149th & St Nicholas Avenue.
In this location you escape the noise and crowds of mid- and downtown Manhattan, but the subway ride downtown takes only 15 minutes to Central Park, 18 Minutes to 42nd street- Times Square, and 20 minutes to 34th Street – Penn Station.
Hamilton Heights is the home of City College of New York (CCNY), Dance Theatre of Harlem, The Harlem School of the Arts and Aaron Davis Hall.
AVAILABLE for IMMEDIATE occupancy
With so much to enjoy and do, this location simply and easily becomes ALL THE EXCITEMENT YOU NEED AWAY FROM HOME.
Other Amenities (for additional fees):
Can pick up from airport
Could include breakfast
Can provide Zipcar
- Suitable for events
- Linens & Towels
- Soap, Shampoo & Conditioner
- Pets allowed
- Air conditioning
- Bed linen
- Cable TV
- Hair dryer
- Lockable room
Availability calendar and prices
- Cleanliness 5.0
- Facilities 5.0
- Location 5.0
- Value for money 5.0
- Accuracy of description 5.0
Elliott 5.0 12/22/2012
This apartment is perfect place to stay for you time in New York. Its very clean and comfortable with plenty of space to relax. Its hidden away which gives lots of privacy. The very safe location is walking distance to some awesome bars, but if you need to head down town the subway 50m away. It only takes 10mins to Times Square with the express. ///This review was written by an official member of the 9flats.com team///
Anna 4.0 10/14/2013
Chii is a really great host, he is always ready to help, very quickly reacts on any requests. Moreover he respects privacy that was really important for my bf and me.
andre 5.0 05/25/2013
le propriétaire des lieux est une personne très correcte très agréable et soucieuse du bien être de ses hôtes, vous pouvez le contacter à n'importe quel moment il se fera, selon ses disponibilités, un plaisir de vous répondre
aucun soucis pour la réception des clés de l'appartement qui s'est faite à l'heure prévue
Elliott 5.0 12/22/2012
Chike is super friendly, and a great conversationalist. He will generally be around most of the time and available to help out if you need anything. He has lived in NYC for quite a while and has some great knowledge on the area and figuring out subways. ///This reivew was written by an official Member of the 9flats team.///