Kohimarama Retreat is an executive 5 bedroom residence (comfortably sleeping 10+ people), fully furnished with all the comforts of home, available all year round for short term rentals.
It caters for large groups looking for affordable, self contained accommodation and offers way more than just a hotel or motel room. Our guests enjoy exclusive use of extensive facilities and outdoor areas. We offer a complete home away from home in a private, tranquil setting.
Kohimarama Retreat has been awarded a 4.5 star rating by Qualmark®, New Zealand tourism's official mark of quality. All accommodation businesses which have been rated by Qualmark® been independently assessed as professional and trustworthy, so you can book with confidence.
Kohimarama Retreat is located in the Auckland beachside suburb of Kohimarama: 10 minutes walk from the beautiful Kohimarama Beach, 15 minutes walk to the vibrant restaurants and beach at Mission Bay. It is private and secluded from the road - you won't believe you are just 15 minutes drive from the central city!
Approaching Kohimarama Retreat you pass through a long tree lined driveway and arrive at the house situated on 1700 square metres of lawn and New Zealand native plant garden...
The spacious interior includes 5 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms:
* Waitemata Room: superking size bed; opens out onto a deck overlooking the garden
* Hauraki Room: superking size bed; opens out onto a different deck which is also shared by the Tamaki bedroom
* Rangitoto Room: two kingsingle beds
* Tamaki Room: queen size bed; joined to its own private sitting area
* Waiheke Room: queen size bed; located downstairs next to third living area
* A portacot (and highchair) are also available on request
* 11 - 13 people can be accommodated (for a small extra nightly charge per person beyond the standard 10 guests), sleeping on a full size queen bed located in the third living room downstairs, and a fold out single bed, which can be installed in the sitting room of the Tamaki Room.
* The main tiled bathroom is fitted with a bath, a separate shower room, and a separate toilet room
* Waitemata Room: ensuite with a shower, toilet and basin
* Tamaki Room: ensuite toilet
* Waiheke Room: ensuite shower with basin and a separate toilet
* The house has decks on both sides, which are accessed by most of the bedrooms as well as the living areas
* The main deck off the lounge, dining room and family room overlooks the native garden and has views across Kohimarama valley
* There is also a glass roof, tiled conservatory off the dining room so the outlook to the garden can be enjoyed all year round
* Gas barbecue and outdoor furniture, so you can enjoy the peaceful garden after a day of exploring the Auckland region
* Keep in touch with events from home on SKY TV (movies, sport, international news)
* Enjoy a selection of New Zealand movies on the DVD/CD player
* Access your emails and keep in touch with friends and family on the computer with broadband internet (and a wireless internet connection)
* Free national and international landline calls to 40 countries
* The second living room is equipped with a TV and video machine, and lots of children's videos
* The downstairs games room holds a full size snooker/billiards table (great fun for an impromtu tournament!) and a TV, and opens out to the native garden.
* Library of books, magazines, children's books and toys, and a supply of brochures for the activites and attractions in the Auckland region
* A third living room is also located downstairs.
* The house is fully equipped with quality bathroom and bedroom linen
* The new modern kitchen overlooking the tree lined driveway is fully equipped with crockery, glasses, cutlery and cooking implements, an electric oven and hob, fridge and freezer, microwave and dishwasher
* There is a laundry with washing machine, dryer and a full size washing line
* The home is equipped with a monitored alarm
- Free parking
- Private Bathroom
- Separate Entry