Ferry Man's Cottage offers luxurious and romantic holiday home accommodation, set in it's own private 12 acre section at the very end of Birds Ferry Road, forming part of our 33 acre property. It is the perfect spot for a romantic weekend break or a family holiday. Located on the edge of a small Lake, 2 km from the highway and, with native Wekas, Pukekos and wild ducks as neighbors this is a most peaceful spot. The rare Kiwi can be heard at night here.
The solid timber cottage is finished to a very high standard and designed to take in the panoramic mountain and ocean views - all the luxury touches of Birds Ferry Lodge but with a fully equipped kitchen in your own very private setting.Tariff includes gourmet breakfast hamper. If you don´t want to cook, we are happy to provide a Cottage Dinner. This is a two course, quality homestyle meal. We use locally sourced produce including our own fresh vegetables.The dinner is $45pp. When more that 2 guests order a cottage dinner this rate is reduced to $35pp.WIFI now available.
The cottage has decks and outdoor furniture back and front meaning you can enjoy the sunshine at any time of the day - especially those famous West Coast sunsets over the ocean. By the front deck there is an outdoor bath with hot running water from where you can watch the sun go down in spectacular fashion.
You will not be cold during winter - very cosy infact - the bedrooms have oil filled radiators, electric blankets, the bathroom has underfloor heating and there is a 'Metro' woodburner in the lounge which packs a punch!
Romantic Break with Pampering-2 nights for $699
Retreat to the complete seclusion of the warm and cosy Ferry Mans Cottage. It its own private 12 hectare section with views over native bush and the ocean beyond your only neighbours will be Pukekoes and Wekas along with the Kiwi calling at night.
Whats included in this super weekend or mid-week break:
* Two nights luxury accommodation in Ferry Mans Cottage - Fine linens, feather/wool duvets and superking or fourposter bed.
* Two 45 minute holistic Massage Therapy Sessions at Birds Ferry Lodge along with a soak in the lodge spa.
* Chilled bubbly in the cottage fridge on arrival with champagne flutes
* 'Cottage Dinner' for 2 on the one night of your choice. This quality homestyle meal will await you in the cottage on your arrival, needing only to be heated at your convenience. Dishwasher supplied!
* Gourmet breakfast supplies for 2 including homemade bread and preserves,fresh yogurt & homemade museli, coffee beans,manuka smoked bacon and our own free range eggs.
* Luxurious toiletries including bubble bath for the garden bath, fluffy robes, fresh flowers,log fire and quality DVD selection.
Off Season Nightly rates start at $299 for 2 guests including gourmet breakfast hamper.We offer discounts for multiple night stays at certain times of year from $249 per night. All rates quoted are for 2 guests sharing a twin or double room. Additional guests $50 per person per night with breakfast.
The Cottage Tariff includes:
* Gourmet Hamper of locally produced and/or homegrown breakfast supplies, manuka smoked bacon, free range eggs, greek yogurt, homemade muesli and jam, fruit juice, seasonal fruit bowl, freshly baked bread, organic fair trade coffee beans
* 2 spacious bedrooms.
One of them with 1 queen four poster. The other one with a superking double bed which can be split to become 2 single beds
* Garden Bath with hot piped water.
* Fully equipped kitchen
* TV, DVD (with NZ DVDs), CD player, magazines and games
* Exclusive use of a 12 acre section including extensive landscaped gardens
* A modern fully tiled
bathroom with a shower and a bath. Under floor heating adds that luxury touch
* Large towels and luxury hand made toiletries from Marlborough. Hairdryer and heating throughout
* An ample supply of hot water
* Quality linens, feather/wool duvets
* Four Poster Bed
* Electric Blankets,
* Cot & Highchair
- Breakfast Service