Birds Ferry Luxury Lodge - The Totara Valley Room
Other, Private room - Charleston, New Zealand
The Totara Valley Room
From NZ$275 per night including breakfast
The spectacular views are a feature of this room. Capturing amazing valley and ocean vistas - sunset, garden or forest views. Quality Queen bed, hand made Marlbourough toiletries and fluffy robes. Ensuite facilities with heated towel rail, power shower over bath and hand made toiletries. A short stroll along the deck takes you to the Spa from where you can enjoy the sunset.
Luxury Lodge Accommodation
West Coast New Zealand
Purpose built on the edge of a glacial terrace, Birds Ferry Lodge overlooks native forest in the valley below and the Tasman Sea beyond. The Lodge is the centre piece of our 33 acre property which you are welcome to explore.
Midway between the glacier country and the Northern areas of the South Island, this luxury lodge is the perfect spot to break your journey along the West Coast.
On arrival you will enjoy a warm welcome from your hosts, then peace seclusion and relaxation awaits you.
Lodge guests enjoy the spacious guest lounge. Comfy leather upholstery and a roaring log fire in front of the huge windows where you can take in the view out to the ocean and the Totara Valley below. Enjoy a welcome refreshment on arrival accompanied by some of Alison's home baking or a pre dinner aperitif from the house bar. Dinners are our specialty so be sure to book.
The library is stocked with a selection of magazines and books with something to interest most. There is also a supply of board games and puzzles for a day indoors.
The semi remote, rural location means that the wildlife is in abundance. The native Weka visits the garden and at night the call of the Kiwi has been heard from the Lodge. Wild deer have been spotted from the deck and whilst enjoying the spa after dark guests are kept company by our local Common Owl who rests on the back of the chair right beside them! Tui and Bell birds visit the well stocked bird table.
Birds Ferry Lodge has 4.5 Qualmark stars which means that this luxury West Coast lodge accommodation has been independently assessed as 'Excellent'.We are currently Number one on Tripadvisor in this area and we are recommended in both 'Fodors' and 'Rough Guide' to New Zealand.
The Lodge Tariff includes:
Full cooked breakfast
* Queen rooms have fridges and tea making facilities
* Unlimited use of heated spa at no extra charge.
* Complimentary highspeed wireless internet
* Complimentary use of guest computer in lounge
* Private Access onto deck with outdoor seating area
* All rooms have En Suite facilities, 2 with baths
* Complimentary load of laundry per night of stay
* Luxury hand made toiletries from Marlborough
* Decadent monogrammed fluffy bathrobes
* Heated towel rails in bathrooms, and radiators in bedrooms
* Electric Blankets
* Quality beds, mattresses and linen for a comfortable sleep
* Two rooms with queen size beds, one room with twins. The twin room has a double bed and a single bed
* All rooms have screened windows
* Fresh Flowers
* Complimentary hot and cold non-alcoholic refreshments
* Room darkening drapes over large windows
* All rooms have sea and/or mountain views
* Private access to the deck
* One room with wheelchair friendly facility
- Breakfast Service