Ocean Art Inspired Room - 2 Miles Beach
Apartment, Private room - Oceanside, United States
Peaceful Las Brisas Condo Community, a resort-like setting complete with pool & hot tub for your enjoyment in Oceanside, CA. Quiet neighborhood, centrally located with easy access to freeways freeways, Amtrak station and The Sprinter (Light Rail).
My home is a one-story, 3-bdrm 2-bath condo situated 2-miles from away from downtown Oceanside, with all of it's unique restaurants, coffee houses & boutiques. Close to the Pier, the Harbor, bars, restaurants and the Beach! Oceanside is 30 miles from San Diego and 25 minutes from Orange County,
Your private room overlooks my garden patio with palm trees, birds singing and ocean breezes. My yard is a beautiful outdoor patio with a tropical beach style. Very eclectic. It is perfect for yoga, enjoying a cup of coffee, eating outdoors or enjoying the ocean breezes. Just outside, you’re a hop, skip and a jump from the pool and hot tub. Your room is fully furnished with a full-size bed, dresser, an oversized mirrored closet, windows and an overhead light. There is no TV available; however, WiFi is available for internet access. You will share a bathroom. NON-SMOKER ONLY.
The kitchen is available if you'd like to do some light cooking. I'd be happy to give you some space in the fridge if you need it. The microwave is at your disposal as well.
Parking is free! There is limited guest parking for 4-days out of the month but if you are here longer than that, you will need to park on the street. If guest parking is full, you will have plenty of street parking.
My home is walking distance to Sprinter (light rail train that goes straight to the beach), grocery stores, such as Frazier Farms (organic), Ralphs, Black Rock Coffee, Starbuck's, Mexican food options and Kyoto’s Gifts & Sushi. Nearby is Trader Joe's, Sprouts, Target and countless dining establishments from fast food to fine dining and a range of food ethnicities. There are also excellent dining choices in nearby towns such as Carlsbad, Escondido, Vista, Encinitas, Del Mar and La Jolla (all less than 20 miles away).
Whether you're visiting family, friends, someone stationed at Camp Pendleton, here for work or just vacationing, you will have a comfortable, safe place to lay your head!
The accommodations would be best suited for a individual person or a couple w/o children.
Besides myself, you will be sharing my home with my dog, Kharma, a Pomeranian. Also, I have a long-term roommate named Skyye and her little dog Schatze. You’ll be sharing the bathroom with her. Per HOA rules, only 2 pets, so we can’t have visiting pets.
Oceanside has always been San Diego’s best kept secret, offering a quiet escape from the hustle and bustle, you’ll experience the casual spirit that made Southern California’s culture legendary. Oceanside is a classic California beach community with its warm sandy beaches, historic wooden pier (the longest pier on the California coast and a must see) and Cape Cod-style Harbor Village complete with unlimited water sports and recreation. Oceanside is the northern most city in San Diego County centrally located between Los Angeles and San Diego.
With its year round sunny climate, and average temperature of 70 degrees, Oceanside’s weather has been rated by USA Today as the second most ideal climate in the United States, and the fifth most ideal weather in the world. Oceanside offers year-round perfect weather and easy access to all of Southern California attractions. Oceanside is both beautiful and charming, so much to do and see ... there’s something for everyone!
I’ve created a list of local attractions, events and festivals in and around Oceanside and Southern California. If you are looking for something in particular, let me know and I’ll do my best to find out about it for you.
* Downtown Oceanside: Minutes away with all of their quaint shops and boutiques and dining.
* Oceanside Pier: Take a stroll, watch surfers catch a wave, gaze at the sunset or dine at
* Oceanside Harbor: Where you can rent paddle boats, watch Sea Lions sleeping or the piers, picnic or take a leisurely walk. Eat at
* Beaches and Surfing: 2 miles from some of the most popular California beaches: Pier, Harbor, Buccaneer Beach, Wisconsin Beach.
* For Surfers, this is your paradise!!!! Some of the California surf breaks you can check out are: Oceanside Pier, home to the SuperGirl
* Yoga: Yoga Oceanside is walking distance from my place, as well as several near by, such as Black Sheep Yoga, Yoga Body Oceanside or Aapotheque Spa Yoga. You can even join me on Sunday mornings, as I attend Yoga at the Beach. Great experience.
* Farmers' Market: Get fresh food from local farmers. (Thursdays 9:00 am to 1:00 pm - exception Thanksgiving, Christmas and rain-outs)
* Sunset Market: - Shopping, food tents, music ... a great time to spend the evening. (Thursdays Evenings 5:00 to 9:00 pm - exception Thanksgiving, Christmas and rain-outs).
* California Surf Museum, Oceanside
* Museum of Art, Heritage Park Village & Museum, Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum, Mission San Luis Rey, the King of California’s Spanish Missions
* Mom & Pop shops are all over Oceanside, Antique shopping, Frazier Farms (organic market), Westfield Shopping Center, Target, Trader Joe's, Starbuck's and lots more shopping a few miles away.
* Whale watching: tours out of the Oceanside Harbor. Grey Whale Season: Jan.- March. Some tours of Blue whales is often in May and throughout the summer. More whale watching tours are available in Dana Point (about 20 miles North of Oceanside).
* Fishing: Oceanside Pier or take a fishing boat out of the Oceanside Harbor.
* Summer concerts with live music & bands and Arts & Wine Festivals, several areas nearby to choose from.
* Bicycles: Can be rental available off of coast hwy. Bicycle riders enjoy the 7-mile San Luis Rey River Trail and Coastal Rail Trail.
* Oceanside Harbor Days: Hang out with Pirate Jack or become a pirate by shopping the many vendors showcased at this yearly event! September TBA
* Oceanside Harbor Parade of Lights: Cheer on the boats all decorated for the Holidays! December TBA
Amusement Parks and Zoos
* LEGOLAND - (7 miles Carlsbad)
* Sea World (35 miles - San Diego)
* San Diego Zoo Safari Park (20 miles - Escondido)
* World-famous San Diego Zoo (30 miles - San Diego)
* Wave Waterpark (10 miles - Vista)
* Disneyland (58 miles - Anaheim)
* Knotts Berry Farm (65 miles - Buena Park)
Art & Culture - Oceanside
* Heritage Park Village Museum (Oceanside - the original buildings, with the jail, newspaper and the first school house)
Art & Culture - Nearby
* San Diego Botanical Garden (15 miles - Encinitas)
* California Center for the Arts (15 miles Escondido)
* The Museum of Making Music (7 miles Carlsbad)
* San Diego Museum of Art (35 miles - San Diego)
* San Diego Model Railroad Museum - (35 miles Balboa Park, San Diego)
Worth the Drive (Bus or train ride):
* Pet a Camel - tour the Oasis Camel Dairy in (60 miles - Ramona)
* Apple Festival - (60 miles - Julian) A small quaint mountain town. During the fall, you’ll actually see the Autumn Colors!
* Bates Nut Farm - (30 miles - Valley Center)
* Avocado Festival (19 miles - Fallbrook)
* Little Italy Festa! (35 miles - San Diego)
* Big Balloon Parade - Holiday Bowl (35 miles - San Diego)
* Balboa Park - (35 miles Balboa Park, San Diego) Home to the several museums, such as * San Diego Museum of Art, the Museum of
* Man and the San Diego Natural History Museum. In 2015, Balboa Park will celebration it’s 100 Anniversary.
International Cottages, representing 32 countries and their cultures (San Diego).
* Star of India (40 miles San Diego)
* USS Midway (40 miles San Diego)
* Old Town San Diego (35 miles San Diego)
* Temecula - Wine Country and tours (30 miles)
* San Juan Capistrano (30 miles)
* San Clemente (20 miles)
* Getty Museum - (100 miles Los Angeles) - About 2 hr. drive (give or take LA traffic)
* Universal Studios - (100 Los Angeles) about 2 hr. drive (give or take LA traffic)
* Hollywood - (100 miles Los Angeles) about 2 hr. drive (give or take LA traffic)
* Mexico (60 miles) The border town of Tijuana can be reached by car or take the train to San Diego, then hop onto the San Diego Trolley. The Trolley will take you to the US/Mexico Boarder.
Sports, Recreation and Outdoor Activities:
* Yoga Studios
* Bike Rentals
* Plane Rides
* Sailing and Sport Fishing
* Skate Parks
* Surf Lessons
* Water Sports and Rentals
* Skate Parks
* Golf: Center City - Goat Hill Golf Course,
* Oceanside, Oceanside Municipal Golf Course. To the south is La Costa Golf Course and Torrey Pines Golf Course. Camp Pendleton Marine Memorial Golf Course (active and retired military)
* Pro and Minor League Sports: San Diego Padres, San Diego Chargers, Los Angeles Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Mighty Ducks, San Diego Gulls (minor league)
* Carlsbad Marathon
* San Diego Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon
- Pets live here
- Washing machine
- Free parking