Registered with Sri Lanka Tourist Board.
Apartment consists of living room, dining room, bathrooms, three cozy bedrooms and a kitchen with cooking utensils including a fridge, washing machine …etc.
Reliable air port pickups and drops can be arranged.
A cozy, furnished ground floor apartment (Registered with Sri Lanka Tourist Board) with its own private entrance consists of 3 cool and comfortable bedrooms, spacious living room, dining room, kitchen and bathrooms in Kalutara South, Sri Lanka, available for foreign guests at reasonable price.
Serene Residence is cool as it is in a quiet, buzzing, leafy atmosphere.
The house is located just 1 1/2 Km away from Kalutara town. It is in the best place of the suburb: Kalutara South, and very close to all its amenities.
If you have a walk around the garden you will probably able to spot native herbal plants, variety of spices, local fruits, lovely flowers like orchids, roses, hibiscus, anthuriums …etc. Also you will be most likely blessed to observe tropical birds and animals like squirrels, humming birds, magpie robins, babblers, monkeys, parrots, black headed orioles, red-vented bulbul …etc. in the garden.
The host family lives in up stair. It is a good opportunity to share plenty of hospitality and an advantage for the guests in the sense of secure and convenience.
Feel free to visit food outlets in the nearby hotels (7- 10 min by tuk tuk) such as Hotel Avani… or do shopping at local super markets (1 km way from the Serene Residence) or large weekly Friday market (100m away from Serene Residence) and enjoy the experience of home gourmet.
Serene Residence, best fits for a couple or a family wishing to enjoy a relaxing holiday in a quiet atmosphere for a reasonable price.
Guests who dream to experience cozy apartment with warm hospitality, Serene Residence will be the best choice.
- Painting utensils, self massaging utensils, mini media library and a reading spot is available.
- Some in-door and outdoor games are available on site.
- Linen and towels are provided.
- Crockery and culinary equipments are provided.
- Bicycles, cleaning service, air port pickups, air port drops, can be arranged with reasonable additional charges.
- First aid box and a fire extinguisher are also available.
- BBQ grill, blender, washing machine, micro wave, fridge, toaster, sandwich maker, vacuum cleaner, hot plate, hair dryer, cloth dryers, CD player, iron, wardrobe, jug kettle, emergency lamp, shoe rack, crockery and culinary utensils and an alarm clock with a radio available too.
- No one has ever felt a lack of a hot water shower since Sri Lanka is a tropical country.
- Yoga practices and learning centers can be recommended.
- Catering: Self catering (If you wish to cook your meals you are free to do so).
- Arrival day: Any.
- Location: Urban.
- Pets: Welcome with prior approval.
- Children: Suitable.
- Smokers: Welcome.
- Unsuitable for guests with restricted mobility.
Can be arranged a reliable airport pickups and airport drops with additional reasonable charges.
A reliable vehicle / tuk-tuk (three wheeler) with a chauffeur can be arranged with additional reasonable charges for other travelling purposes.
Interaction with Guests:
Enjoy getting to know the guests in relax evenings and also, will be happy to show places around the country, share the views about the country, people, films, music…etc., offer the taste of Sri Lankan dishes and take part in recreational activities when available.
Sightseeing around Sri Lanka can be arranged.
Within a few minutes you can reach golden sandy beaches, restaurants, all the banks, railway stations (both Kalutara South and Katukurunda), private and Government hospitals (in Kalutara), pharmacies, Friday fair (bazaar), food city (super market), highway access at Dodangoda, nearby Hotel Avani - Kalutara which offers superb facilities including health spa...etc.
# Captures the beauty of the coconut fringed sandy beaches and the bliss of authentic Sri Lankan culture.
# One of the major towns in Western Province.
# 45 Km away from Colombo.
# Close to popular down-south tourist destinations such as Beruwala, Aluthgama, Unawatuna, Hikkaduwa and Galle.
# River Kalu is an ideal place for water sports, with water sport facilities available at nearby hotels.
Tourist Attractions in Kalutara:
-- Kalutara Bodhiya: The world`s only hollow Buddhist`s shrine with interesting paintings. The Bo tree is one of the 32 saplings of Sri Maha Bodhiya.
-- St. John Baptist Church: A famous historical church.
-- Beach at Hotel Avani / Calido Beach: Famous for its natural beauty as located at the mouth of the river, Kalu.
-- Richmond Castle: A mansion which is famous for its architectural features.
-- Brief/Bawa Gardens: Famous for its picturesque landscaping.
-- Thudugala Waterfall: Famous bathing place. There are many migratory and local birds.
-- Ashokarama Temple: A famous historical temple.
-- A spa, restaurant and water sport facility is available at nearby hotels.
Easily able to access the public transport.
Transports can be arranged by a reliable vehicle / tuk tuk on additional reasonable charges.
- Distance to nearest airport - Bandaranayake International Air Port: 90KM
- Distance to nearest train station - Kalutara South Railway Station: 1 1/2KM
- Distance to nearest motorway - Galle Road: 300m
- Distance to nearest beach: 2KM (Close to hotel Avani)
- Distance to nearest hotel: 2KM (Hotel Avani)
- Distance to nearest supermarket, hospital, pharmacy, banks, post office: 5 minutes away by a tuk-tuk
Other Things to Note:
- Please be kind enough to mention your country, job, how you are planning to come to the home stay and other basic information when making an inquiry about the home stay.
- Free parking
- Pets allowed
- Smoking allowed
- Washing machine
- Pets live here
- Micro wave
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mini Reading Spot
- Mini Media Library
- Indoor Games
- Ayurvedic Self Massaging
- Linen and towels
- Glass ware
- Out Door Games