We have the turistic apartment's license of the Barcelona Council, code: HUTB-002444. MINIMUM STAY 2 NIGHTS: Welcoming, bright and cosy holiday penthouse apartment of 80m2 in new building in the friendly Gràcia district with its squares, trendy bars and restaurants. Second floor with elevator. One double bedroom (bed 160x200 cm), 2 TVs, DVD, comfortable fully equipped kitchen & terrace of 18m2 equipped with tables, 8 chairs, wooden shower, 2 sunbeds, shadow and plants with watering. Sun all day long! Located on the front side of the building with view to a typical Gràcias's square with trees. For up to 5 people thanks to the 2 double sofas bed in the living room (bed 160x205 cm and bed 150x200 cm and baby cot under request). 2nd floor with lift. Full comfort for your stay in Barcelona. Great alternative to hotels! Ideal for a nice stay and discover this beautiful city!
Typical restaurants in the area. Very quiet location on the edge of the tourist area. Next to 5 different supermarkets.
Equipped with air conditioning, heat and Internet WIFI.
There is a PARKING very close to the apartment located in Torrent de l'Olla, with 1 day card: 25€, 3 days card 35€, and 7 days card 61€, also with the possibility to use the other parkings of BSM located in the city.
Babysitting under request.
Minimum age: 25.
· 5 minutes walk away...
+ The charming & trendy Gracia neighbourhood. Many sunny squares with terraces.
+ Shopping, restaurants, bars, tapas. (1')
+ Gaudi's famous Parc Güell (10')
+ 3 Subway stations: Lesseps (L3) Fontana (L3) and Joanic (L4) (8') and FGC Plaça Molina
+ Paseo de Gracia & the most famous modernist buildings (20')
+ IED - Instituto Europeo di Design (2')
+ Hospitals & clinics
+ Daily Market at Abaceria Central (10')
+ Supermarkets all over
· EQUIPMENT ·
The apartment is complete with linens and towels, baby cot, high chair, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, heating, kitchen utensils and cookware, crockery, coffee maker, kettle, blender, oven, 2 microwaves, fridge, freezer, double sink unit, dishwasher, washing machine, iron + board, 2 TVs, shower and Bath tub, hair dryer, Internet Wifi, safety deposit box, exterior wooden shower, 2 sunbeds, books, magazines and touristic flyers, books and games for children.
· THE NEIGHBORHOOD ·
The neighbourhood of Gràcia is just one stop up from the top of Passeig de Gracia but it feels like a whole different world. Gràcia was an independent town until the late 19th century and even now the community is small and tight. The people are exceedingly proud of their roots, they don't say they come from Barcelona, they say Gràcia.
The area is popular with artists and a generally bohemian crowd, it also has a high ethnic population and the highest concentration of foreign restaurants in Barcelona. Plaça de Sol is the most renowned area of the neighbourhood, it's lined with terrace cafes and at night this is where the people convene to drink and be merry. However despite the trendy nature of Gracia it is also a very traditional barrio with a large elderly population which makes for an amusing and odd mix - and very entertaining people-watching!
Gràcia is also well-known for it's festival which is held for 5 days in August (Fiestas de Gracia) and sees the locals competing in street decoration (they take it very seriously!). The results are usually spectacular, and at night the festival comes alive with drinks stalls and stages of live music of every variety.
Fontana (L3 - Green line) is the main metro stop, and from there you can get into the centre of the city, Plaça Catalunya in less than 10 minutes. Also near the metro stop there is a cinema (Cines Verdi) that plays films in their original language (original version).
Gràcia is totally self-sufficient. That is to say you could stay in Gràcia and never have to leave, there are good amenities of every sort, great bars, cosy cafes, a real Mediterranean lifestyle. Whilst everything like the buildings, streets and plaças are in much smaller scale than those in the centre of town there is some striking art nouveau architecture to be seen.
The area is quite safe and away from the main squares where people drink outside until the early hours it is also quiet.
The area is perfect for those who want something a little bit different, those who perhaps have been to Barcelona before and want a different tourist experience. Although really because central Barcelona is so easily accessible from Gràcia it is suitable for everyone.
One of the best features of Gràcia is that there are not so many tourists so you feel like you've discovered something a bit new and diverse.
Shopping is also good in Gràcia, where new, arty boutiques stand next to traditional Spanish stores.
1. The neighborhood of Gracia starts from the top of Passeig de Gracia, but it feels like a whole different world- Gracia is a small town, like a city inside the city. One of the best features of Gracia is that there are not so many tourists, so you feel like you have discovered something new and diverse. Here you can feel the real Catalan culture!
2. There is an eclectic atmosphere. Walking along the streets you can meet older Catalan people, young families and bohemian artists.
3. The most famous squares in Gracia are Plaza del Diamant and Plaza del Sol, where you can find pleasant cafés. Plaza del Sol is always full of musicians, skaters and street performers. Plaza del Diamant was constructed around 1860- the land belonged to a jewel tycoon and in honor of his trade the square was given the name which in Spanish means, "square of the diamond".
4. Calle Verdi is one of Gracia's busiest streets. It is also full of jazz and bars playing live music, which are perfect for spending a different and special night.
5. This neighborhood is full of high quality restaurants, like for example Botafumeiro, which is one of the best restaurants in the city, if not the best, for fish and seafood dishes.
6. Parc Guell, the amazing park created by the famous architect Antoni Gaudi, is located in the neighborhood of Gracia, too. Do not miss a visit to this fantastic place!
7. Cinema lovers will be glad to know that in this area you can find the Cine Verdi, which is one of Barcelona's most popular cinemas. Here you can also see movies in their original language.
8. Another typical feature of Gracia is the small, cozy shops, which sell unique clothing and souvenirs.
9. The position of this area is perfect, too, since Gracia is located exactly half way to the mountain and half to the beach – good to know if you are planning trips.
10. One of most famous street parties is hosted here: the well-known Fiesta Major de Gracia, which consists of local residents competing in street decoration. It is held in August and there are celebrations and entertainment everywhere, especially at night.
· METRO STATIONS / FERROCARRIL / BUSES ·
3 metro stations (underground): Lesseps (L3) Fontana (L3) (7') and Joanic (L4) (10 ') and Ferrocarril FGC Plaça Molina (10')
Daily Bus (to go back to the apartment): 24 (Paral.lel / El Carmel) you can take it on different stops in Paseo de Gràcia until the stop Lesseps.
Nit bus (night bus): N4 from Plaça Catalunya/Portal de l'Àngel until the stop Lesseps from 11,10 pm until half past 5 am.
- Air conditioning
- Cot available
- Washing machine
Late check in
Availability calendar and prices
(+ 46 reviews from partners.)