The house, which respects all the features of the popular sanabresa architecture (stone, slate, wood), is located in the old town of the medieval village of Puebla de Sanabria, 100 meters from the main square and 150 meters from the Castle.
The furnishings and materials have been selected by the owners to make the home a welcoming place. We trust and hope that the rustic lovers enjoy the details.
The name of the house "Kids Thomas" is due to a fragment of a comedy whose manuscript was found in the house before reform. It was written in 1864 by D. Casto and possibly García y García was one of many people who had the house throughout its history. While obviously not met D. Casto nor our family, we want to pay this small tribute.
The house has two floors of 60 m2 in each. The distribution is as follows:
• Ground floor: entrance, kitchen, bathroom (with shower), bedroom (double bed 135 cm) and living room (dining table that seats 10 people).
• First floor: hall, bathroom (with bath), bedroom (double bed of 150 cm and balcony), bedroom (2 beds of 90 cm + 1 pull-out extra 90 cm) and bedroom (2 beds 90 cm and veranda overlooking the mountain).
• Windows: iroko wood exterior doors, interior doors pine, iroko wood windows.
• Flooring: Slate (downstairs) and floating floors (first floor).
• Walls: stony view (original to the house)
• Appliances: washing machine, refrigerator, iron (with ironing board), blender, microwave, cooker hood, coffee maker (also an Italian), TV (with Freeview), DVD.
• Heating: Climastar radiators in all the rooms of the house.
• Hot Water: 2 100 liter flasks each independently supplying each plant.
• Lingerie: fully equipped (comforters, blankets, quilts, sheets, towels, tablecloths, ..).
• Household: full, including pressure cooker.
• Dishes: fully equipped.
• Furniture: Solid wood.
The house is rented.
Whole house (up to 8 people):
• Friday, Saturday and holidays: 175 € / night (2 night minimum)
• Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (2 night minimum):
1 night: 160 €
2 nights: 300 €
3 nights: 435 €
4 nights: 560 €
5 nights 675 €
• 1 week (6 nights): 800 €
Extra bed (1 bed): 20 € / night
Puebla de Sanabria has just 2000 inhabitants, but it is a proud population profile and excellent architecture. A lake full of charm and a beautiful and suitable clothing for the legends to Puebla and become capital of a peaceful and attractive area landscape. This villa sits on the banks of
the rivers Tera and Castro, in the land of Sanabria Zamora. Highlights its monumental heritage, livestock and farming and as a service center.
Sanabresa Shire is located in the northwest of the province of Zamora, in the border with Portugal, Galicia and León. It is a mountainous area, located between the Sierra de la Culebra, the Segundera and Cabrera Baja. Rich in beautiful landscapes and traditional culture that survives. Persist in turn, geographic values of great interest, footprints left by the glaciers, as Lake Sanabria and the many gaps in the mountains, and a very special wildlife and exceptionally varied. Along with this natural beauty and variety, we also found a deep popular culture, clearly separated from other neighboring areas, grown under this unique natural setting, and backed by an extensive history of which we can also find abundant samples to throughout the region.
What to see:
• Puebla de Sanabria (medieval villa)
• Sanabria Lake (largest lake in the peninsula and unique glacial)
• Laguna de los Peces
• Waterfalls Sotillo
• San Martín de Castañeda (Cistercian monastery of the twelfth century)
• The forest Tejedelo (Requejo)
• In general the region of Sanabria
• Sierra de la Culebra (Iberian wolf)
• Portugal: Braganza, Chaves, ...
• Zamora, 116 Km (24 Romanesque churches).
• Orense, 156 Km
• Hiking: traditional paths and roads
• Water sports, horses, quads,
• Hunting and fishing
• Typical gastronomy: hives, trout, octopus Sanabria, steaks, botillos, Sanabria broth, mushrooms (cucurriles - Procera lepiota) ...
• Medieval market (in August)
• Collecting mushrooms, chestnuts, walnuts, ...
|Space offered||Entire place|
|Bed type||Real bed|
|City||Puebla de Sanabria|
- Smoking allowed
- Cot available
- Washing machine